What’s so scary about user research? A lot, if you’re a semi-neurotic researcher. Since it’s the Halloween season, in my latest UXmatters article, I delve into some of the scariest aspects of user research, including:
- What if I fail?
- Can I learn something new?
- What if we recruit really bad participants?
- What if the research plan doesn’t work?
- What if there’s not enough time to get through everything?
- What if something goes wrong?
- What if we don’t discover anything important?
- How am I going to analyze all this data?
- How can I present all of this?
But never fear! I also provide advice about how to overcome these fears. Check it out: Fears About User Research.